[PROPOSED] KICK-6 - Include Pit Submission Series in Up Only Gaming

BACKGROUND

To date all Up Only Gaming contests have taken place on fights utilizing Karate Combat’s striking ruleset.

At KC KICKBACK 1 the League piloted a spinoff IP, Pit Submission Series, based on a grappling ruleset. Pit Submission Series has attracted tremendous attention in a very short period of time. Top grapplers like Craig Jones have said that Karate Combat and the pit is the future of grappling.

Even though the Pit Submission Series is brand new, we’re rapidly gaining confidence in its viability as a legitimate standalone spinoff IP. Immediately, we propose incorporating all Pit Submission Series matches within Up Only Gaming using $KARATE.

With continued success, in the future that could mean that the $KARATE token holders and Sensei Foundation decide that the format deserves its own $PIT token.

UOG RULE CHANGE PROPOSAL

Include Pit Submission Series matches within Up Only Gaming using $KARATE.

WE NEED YOUR VOTE

Should Pit Submission Series be included in Up Only Gaming?

• YES
  • NO
0 voters
20 Likes

Got my vote! I love seeing submission attempts, it’s the “action” of the ground game in most MMA. So this cuts most the boring aspects still and is literally perfect for the pit!

13 Likes

agree, after all, there are no risk bets here, well, there will be more interest) but let’s leave the $PIT token for the future, while we thoroughly work on promoting $KARATE, for greater popularity of the application.

4 Likes

I’m pleased to see jiu-jitsu finding a home in the pit (nowhere to escape). I would be thrilled to have the option to vote on submission matches moving forward. I would also love to see some discussion around the rules for these grappling matches. For example, are slams in or out? I assume they are out, otherwise Jones’ beautiful triangle off the pit wall could have ended badly :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m here for the Mexican Karate $PIT token

4 Likes

correct yea as i understand slams are illegal, at the moment at least.

4 Likes

The pit submission series is brilliant, as it allows for superb grappling bouts (which many of us love) while maintaining a focus on striking and activity within the pit for the regular KC fights. Plus, the incentive of token winnings will draw in many who may prefer BJJ style fights to stand up. I see it as a win win.

8 Likes

Hi how,are you?what is invitation code?

2 Likes

a way to do it fairly might be to airdrop $pit to $karate holders pro rata based on their $karate holdings, and then let the two communities slowly start to separate from there, if/as people want to align more with $pit community or $karate community, they are free to do so

nice to see the model gaining momentum! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe Yes is not a Bad Choice. :sweat_smile::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I went for YES :star_struck:
KICK -6

2 Likes

My vote yes and I like it :heart:

3 Likes

My vote yes. Go everyone to support this project

1 Like

May vote yes we must support this project

Guys how to vote, because i don’t understand how

1 Like

@Ayugaps You vote in the Karate Combat mobile app. But this vote has come to an end. There will be plenty of others though.

1 Like

Id love to see slams legal.

2 Likes

Nice world Full intertanment