New belt colour for fighters who are not official black belts

I propose that in order to maintain respect for the achievement of earning a black belt, any KC fighter who has not officially earned one should wear a different colour.
I suggest a grey belt to recognise they have experience in martial arts, so not a white belt, but also have not formally received a black belt in Karate. A black belt should only be worn if earned.

11 Likes

Yes you’re right. It’s a good idea

3 Likes

i like this idea too

7 Likes

Agreed. If you have not earned your black belt, you should not sport one. Same for the KC gold belt should only be worn by champs. It’s a status quo I think we should hold true to. White or grey seems to be a good substitute and would go nicely with both black and white gi/pants.

6 Likes

I mean doesn’t even specifically have to be they need a black belt in Karate, just a black belt officially in something. I also think IFC fighters should wear white belts since most have only trained a couple months. Unless of course they have earned one.

6 Likes

since we’re making up a new belt it could also be striped… like black and white or fading from white to black

1 Like