For those who don’t understand how the rankings work please visit the about the Official Rankings category topic. The Ranking Council has finished deliberating on our 1st draft of the Post-KC42 Rankings. We are now bringing it to this forum for members to debate and discuss.
Please let us know what you think about these rankings.
Sthefanie Oliveira (C), 1. Christina Kavakopoulou, 2. Li Lishan, 3. Fabiola Esquivel, 4. Ana Villanueva
Myzra-Bek Tebuev (C), 1. Eoghan Chelmiah, 2. Jesus Lopez, 3. Gabriel Stankunas, 4. Maximo Nunez, 5. Robbie Lavoie
Luiz Rocha (C), 1. Edgars Skrivers, 2. Gabriel Varga, 3. Bruno Roberto de Assis, 4. Artur Gasanov, 5. Andres Madera, 6. Shazaib Rindh
Rafael Aghayev (C), 1. Josh Quayhagen, 2. Vasili Antokhii, 3. Fernando Moreno Paz, 4. Kenji Grillon, 5. Jo Miyahara, 6. Dionicio Gustavo
Ross Levine (C), 1. Shahin Atamov, 2. Igor De Castañeda, 3. Raymond Daniels, 4. Franklin Mina, 5. Adrian Hadribeaj
Vacant (C), 1. Achraf Ouchen, 2. Elhadji Ndour, 3. Antonio Arroyo, 4. Elvin Aghayev, 5. Sam Alvey
- Rafael Aghayev, 2. Ross Levine, 3. Luiz Rocha, 4. Myzra-Bek Tebuev, 5. Edgars Skrivers, 6. Josh Quayhagen, 7. Achraf Ouchen, 8. Gabriel Varga, 9. Eoghan Chelmiah, 10. Jesus Lopez
- Omaira Molina, 2. Sthefanie Oliveira, 3. Melinda Fábián, 4. Christina Kavakopoulou, 5. Ana Luisa Ferreira
- Fighters who haven’t fought or haven’t been scheduled to fight in a period of 5 events or more are ineligible to be ranked
- Fighters who aren’t currently signed are ineligible to be ranked
- A fighter will lose their ranking if they take more than one consecutive fight outside of their division
- If a fighter retires from the sport, or expresses their intention to take an extended break they will still be ranked for one month, but removed after.
Main Ranking Criteria In order of Priority:
- Results in Karate Combat (overall record, dominance in fights, number of title defenses, etc)
- Accomplishments (quality of opposition and awards earned)
- Prior accomplishments